StoryToys™ takes pride in producing the highest quality applications. In the unlikely event that you encounter a problem with one of our apps you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before you do, please read the answers to common application support issues. And thanks for your interest in our apps!
What is Parent Center?
At StoryToys, we believe that parents should have total control over the in-app experience of their child. Only a parent should be able to make a purchase decision, and parents should have complete confidence that when their child is using a StoryToys app their experience will be a positive one. The StoryToys Parent Center is designed to give parents complete control over the functionality of their StoryToys app.
How does it work?
At the top right of the app screen you will see the Parent Center icon (see above). Simply hold this down for 3 seconds to open the centre. Once inside the center, in-app promotional messages and App Store links can easily be deactivated and reactivated. We have also moved the ‘Reading Mode’ options to the Parent Center, in response to feedback from parents who told us they would rather have direct control over that function.
In App Purchases:
We’ve recently introduced some enhancements to each of our apps. You can now get a free Sticker Book and Puzzle Book with each app for even more fun!
With the sticker book, readers can create their very own scenes with a choice of stickers including characters, animals, objects, scenery, letters and numbers. Not only are the sticker books in 3D, but they also come alive at the press of a button! You can even make the characters speak.
How to purchase:
Although the sticker book and puzzle books are free, there are many more available from the Store to add to your collection.
The stickers and scenes which are not free are marked with a ‘locked’ icon of a padlock.
- Tap the item you wish to purchase
- You will be asked if you are sure you want to go to the store - tap yes to proceed or no to cancel.
- For Apple products you must enter your Apple ID Password to complete the purchase once the ‘Buy’ button is tapped.
- For Android products you will not be asked for additional password, simply press the “Buy” button to purchase. If you wish to disable the in-app purchase option, please see the instructions below.
How to disable purchase of IAPs:
Follow the simple steps below to put a barrier before unauthorized purchases from your device with the card associated with your iTunes or Google account.
- Start the Google Play Store app from the homescreen
- Tap on the Menu button and pick Settings
- Scroll down to the User Controls submenu, and tap on the Set or Change PIN option
- Choose a PIN that will be easy for you to remember, but hard for the kids to guess, and re-enter it after pressing OK
- Now checkmark the box next to the Use PIN for purchases option, and you will be asked for the code with each attempt to buy an in-app purchase.
- Start the Settings app from your home screen, and select the General submenu.
- Scroll down and tap on the Restrictions option.
- Enable Restrictions and set a password. Ensure that the password is not an easy one for users of your device to guess.
- With the password entered twice, go down to the Allowed Content option, and put the In-App Purchases slider in the Off position. This way the device will ask for a password each time an in-app purchase attempt is detected.
Problem: You can hear sound from other apps on your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch, but you cannot hear sound from any of our apps.
Solution: The problem you are experiencing is very simple - the Mute switch on your iOS device is engaged. This can be a little confusing because not all apps obey the Mute switch (for example the iPod app, as well as many book apps). All of our apps obey the Mute switch.
The solution is simply to launch any of our apps, and toggle the Mute switch. The mute switch is located on the side of your iPad for example. Once you toggle the Mute switch you will hear sound again.
For additional support, please email us at email@example.com