StoryToys is one of the world’s leading creators of innovative and entertaining children’s apps for iOS, Android and other platforms. We invented the ‘digital pop up book,’ an idea that enthralled audiences around the globe when we released our first Grimm’s Tale, Rumpelstiltskin, in 2010.
With the formation of StoryToys, we produced many award winning apps – including brand new creations, like Animal Band and Pirate Princess, as well as apps based on classic fairy tales, like Rapunzel and Puss in Boots.
We also work on amazing licensed characters including Miffy (Mercis), Elmo (Sesame Street), Power Rangers (Hasbro) and Batman (Warner/DC), to name a few.
In 2014, in partnership with Eric Carle Studios and the Joester Loria Group, StoryToys brought the world’s favorite caterpillar to life in the stunning interactive app, My Very Hungry Caterpillar. To date more than 5 million users have cared for their digital pet, feeding their caterpillar and watching it grow into a beautiful butterfly.
In 2016 StoryToys announced the launch of a unique venture in the educational content market, becoming part of Touch Press Inc. This exciting new digital publisher integrated the award-winning portfolios of StoryToys, Amplify Education games team and Touch Press to create a range of entertaining and educational apps for children from kindergarten through middle school, and beyond.
Touch Press Inc. released My Very Hungry Caterpillar AR (Augmented Reality) in 2017. Using Apple’s ARKit, the app allows children to interact with the caterpillar in the real world! My Very Hungry Caterpillar AR featured on Forbes.com, Tech Crunch, The Ellen Show, amongst many others, and made Apple’s ‘Best of 2017’ apps. Hungry Caterpillar Play School, a subscription-based app for preschoolers, was released in 2018 and became the #1 Education app in over 25 countries.
We create fun and playful apps that benefit children and that parents can trust.
- Learning – each of our apps is designed around clear learning goals derived from internationally-recognized educational standards, such as the The Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework. Our support materials help parents to maximize learning benefits for their children.
- Sensory – our products stimulate children via multiple pathways, with beautiful visuals, exciting animations, and rich soundscapes. Our creative team have incredibly high production values and are always deeply committed to delivering a delightful end result to our customers.
- Play – nature’s own mechanism for learning. A child who is playing is alert and engaged. We purposely design our apps to tap into this, with open-ended exploration, lots of interaction, and unexpected surprises.
- Social interaction – children can play our apps together, as a group activity, with many of our interactions supporting multi-touch input. Additionally, parents can play with their children, helping them to get even more from the experience.
- Value – we provide high quality apps at reasonable prices. Monthly subscriptions offer a flexible option for parents who want the ability to opt out at any time, while annual subscriptions offer the best value for money.
- Safety – we care about the privacy of your child’s data. We are a fully GDPR-compliant organization. Any app data we use is anonymized. Any personal data is only stored locally on your device, and is not shared.
- Quality – we create highly innovative and entertaining software for children in our interactive books and games. We have received numerous awards and commendations for the quality of our products from such prestigious organisations as Children’s Technology Review, Kidscreen, Kirkus, Las Vegas Licensing Show and the Bologna Book Fair. interactive books and games. We have received numerous awards and commendations for the quality of our products from such prestigious organisations as Children’s Technology Review, Kidscreen, Kirkus, Las Vegas Licensing Show and the Bologna Book Fair.