Do you want to make a difference in the lives of children all over the world? At StoryToys we produce award winning apps that entertain and educate an audience of over 12 million. Join the team and get to work with renowned entertainment properties such as Eric Carle, DC Comics, Disney and Sesame Workshop.
We are expanding our team and are looking for colleagues, collaborators, and contributors across a number of roles. If you have a passion for creating compelling games and content for children, working with a great team, and developing in a growing company then take a look at the current and upcoming roles at StoryToys.
Mid-Level or Senior Engineer
This role is for a highly motivated and highly experienced Senior [Senior] or Mid-Level Client Engineer that pushes the quality bar on every topic. Your passion will be in creating and maintaining awesome game applications as well as have the best and most efficient development experience possible.
- Apply best practices of game development using Unity 3D engine, C#, C++ or Java
- Push for quality implementations that are highly performant, technically sound and reusable by other developers
- Train other developers in the intricacies of native pipeline [Senior]
- Focus on promoting clean, efficient and optimized code to the whole team. Always be thinking about things like optimizing memory usage, frame rates, garbage collection, maintainability etc, but with an eye for what is feasible given time and resource constraints.
Here’s what you will be doing;
- Develop entertaining, educational cross platform applications in the mobile space aiming to be played by millions of users
- Work closely with designers and UX/UI to get thorough specs and flesh out the best way to get new ideas into the game. (Work through storyboards, wireframes, feature specs etc)
- Be part of breaking down stories into technical tasks that can be estimated
- Write content pipeline tools and editor extensions, to streamline production
- Work closely with the Art team to get awesome artwork into the game while be mindful of performance and platform constraints
- Work with core games service team (e.g. for persistent game data, remote configuration files, network connections, data storage)
- Be part of a cross disciplinary team that uses a scrum-like process
- Test your own code extensively and work closely with the QA team to resolve bugs and to hit sprint goals with a high production quality
- Come up with ways to improve process, working with other engineers to implement these improvements [Senior].
To do this job, you will need:
- Some mobile game dev industry experience is preferable
- Development experience in C#, C++ or Java
- Excellent debugging skills
- A working knowledge of Swift or Objective C on iOS is preferable
- A working knowledge of native Android development (SDK and NDK) is preferable
- Experience in Unity3D and Unity3D subsystems is required
- Excellent communication skills, no fear of reading or writing documentation
- Good understanding of real-time rendering and rendering bottlenecks
- Fluent in using Git (or Git-like system) and SCM patterns
- Solid understanding of programming principles, how systems work together and various common architectural approaches [Senior]
- Enjoy solving difficult technical problems, in large, complex systems [Senior]
- Love and knowledge of video games.
If you are interested in applying for this role please email email@example.com.
Who We Are
Our multi-talented team includes writers, artists, musicians, programmers and designers working together to create wonderful interactive experiences with simple goals in mind – to make children smile and laugh (and to give parents a break.)