Senior and/or Mid-Level Unity Engineer
• Best practice game development using Unity3D engine.
• You will push for quality implementations that are performant, technically sound and reusable by other developers.
• Train other developers in the intricacies of Unity 3D [Senior]
• Promote clean, efficient and optimised code to the whole team. We want someone who is always aware about optimising memory usage, frame rates, garbage collection, maintainability etc, but with an eye for what is feasible given time and resource constraints.
Here’s what you will be doing:
• Develop entertaining, educational mobile games using Unity 3D (for multiple platforms). Our games are played by millions of players young and old,
• Collaborate with designers and UX/UI to get thorough specs and flesh out the best way to get new ideas into the game. (Work through storyboards, wireframes, feature specs etc)
• Be part of breaking down stories into technical tasks that can be estimated
• Write content pipeline tools and editor extensions, to streamline production
• Work closely with the Art team to get awesome artwork into the game while being mindful of performance and platform constraints
• Be part of a cross disciplinary team that uses a scrum-like process
• Test your own code extensively and work closely with the QA team to resolve bugs and to hit sprint goals with a high production quality
• Collaborate with our Platform team (e.g. Login, authentication, In App Purchases, Creating accounts, Getting data for general or remote content etc.).
• Be inventive! Come up with ways to improve process, working with other engineers to implement these improvements [Senior]
To do this job, you will need:
• 1-3+ years of experience in developing 3D games using Unity
• Excellent C# (.Net 3.5/4.xx or equivalent) skills
• Excellent debugging skills
• Great communication skills. While our focus is on the product you will also have no fear of reading or writing documentation
• A solid overview of real-time rendering and rendering bottlenecks
• Solid understanding how to write low-latency and low-garbage code in C#
• Fluent in using Git (or Git-like system) and SCM patterns
• Solid understanding of programming principles, how systems work together and various common architectural approaches [Senior]
• Enjoy solving difficult technical problems, in large, complex systems [Senior]
• But most of all. You will LOVE creating video games.
Nice to have:
• Familiar with Objective C and Java
• 1-3+ years of game-dev industry experience (AAA game-dev experience) [3-5 for Senior]
• Minimum of one shipped title
• Familiar with Automated Build Systems and Continuous Integration
• Familiar with the App Store and Google Play Submission processes
• An understanding of how kids approach play.
If you are interested in applying for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who We Are
Our multi-talented team includes writers, artists, musicians, programmers and designers working together to create wonderful interactive experiences with simple goals in mind – to make children smile and laugh (and to give parents a break.)