At StoryToys, the Producer is the pivotal role for driving innovation and excellence across our suite of world-class children’s apps. As a Producer, you own the end-to-end strategy and vision for your product. You work with talented multidisciplinary teams, fostering collaboration and creativity. You lead teams to deliver products that are both critically and commercially successful.
Who are we?
StoryToys is a Top 10 children’s app creator, delivering a suite of apps for children between the ages of 2 and 8. We work with the world’s biggest entertainment IP, translating their loved characters to a digital world. We publish worldwide, in 26 languages with MAU in the millions. We are based in Dublin, Ireland but work with a global team.
Who are you?
A leader, your communication style, drive, and people-first approach act as a role model for the team. You are passionate with a deep understanding of creating amazing experiences for children and their parents. You are experienced and data-driven, but people focused. You have a deep understanding of what inspires and drives people and how to get the best from a team. You create and maintain an environment for the team to thrive and deliver. This is a critical high-impact role, as you are responsible for aligning commercial and business strategy with production goals and market opportunities.
You will work closely with the production team to realise production goals. As an astute observer, you will understand and predict where issues may arise for the team and production, and work with the lead producer to mitigate these risks.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Create, shape and communicate the vision for our products. You will be in close collaboration with the Product team or a Prototype team
- Embody the user and their parents/guardians for the team, always focused on building value and trust in our apps.
- Deliver beyond expectations—ensure we launch the right product at the right time, despite complex challenges
- Work with production support to oversee the smooth day-to-day running of production and processes, while always supporting the strategic goals of delivering exceptional products.
- Set the goal, define the schedule and liaise with HoD’s to resource the cross-functional team necessary to deliver.
- Own and maintain project plans and roadmaps, understanding dependencies and constraints.
- Use experience and foresight to determine and mitigate risks and communicate to stakeholders, outlining possible impacts.
- Create an open and transparent production process and environment. This means communicating with stakeholders on project status, risks, and opportunities.
- Understand the audience and champion them for the team, making the user real within the production process.
- Manage and report the budget and draw down of the project.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Previous experience working in a creative production role where you’ve managed cross-functional teams to create and deliver complex projects.
- Deep understanding of game development, software development process, and project management practices and tools.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated understanding of what our audience needs and to deliver for them.
- Proven experience in creating opportunities from problems.
- Driven, creative and methodical; but flexible and adaptable; with leadership skills to bring people with you, whether the team or external partners.
- Proven ability to drive high-velocity, high-impact development cycles, looking for opportunities to balance short-term needs with long-term strategy.
- 5+ years of experience in the end-to-end production of video games or tangential industry, and experience of shipping high-quality apps as a Producer/Project Leader.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience developing content for children.
- Experience in stakeholder management in an international environment.
- Passion for children’s media, games and apps.
We have a beautiful office space in the heart of Dublin city, however remote working can be facilitated where appropriate.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org with the role title and your name in the subject line.