Who are we?
StoryToys is a Top-Ten children’s app creator, delivering a suite of apps for children between the ages of 2 and 8. We work with the world’s biggest entertainment IP, translating their loved characters to a digital world. We publish worldwide, in 26 languages with monthly active users in the millions. We are based in Dublin, Ireland but work with a large global team.
As a QA Tester you will join our Development Teams to test our apps and provide support. As part of a multidisciplinary agile team you will play a key role in the test and submission process. This will include providing best practice guidance and using your experience to help streamline processes where possible. Other duties will include general assistance with projects, troubleshooting, and testing our platform services.
The QA Tester role is a great opportunity to play a pivotal role in an exciting and creative multi-project and fast-paced studio. The right candidate will find lots of opportunities to learn and grow within a supportive environment.
- Work with our development teams to make entertaining, educational, cross-platform mobile games to be played by millions of players.
- Provide testing for our mobile apps and other platform services.
- Update the App Stores and submit apps to Apple, Google and Amazon for certification. You will ensure that content of the releases are clearly understood and communicated.
- Help shape our apps by providing key insights and feedback to your team while maintaining awareness of partner requirements.
- Help to manage the release of our apps in conjunction with the QA Lead and PM.
- Continuously work to improve the test and release process. Investigate better strategies for performing our key functions.
- Have a strong input into the test process. Champion best practice for testing to ensure quality and efficiency.
- Support the teams in many different areas such as creating builds, creating documentation and knowledge of 3rd party tools.
- Communicate effectively with all disciplines across the company.
- Work closely with artists, designers and engineers to help improve the experience for our customers.
- Accurately scope tasks and contribute to team planning.
- Create test cases and test plans where required that reflect the nature of the testing.
- Work closely with the other members of the QA team to share information and knowledge.
- Be part of a cross disciplinary team that uses a scrum-like process.
- Provide feedback and support to the whole team to ensure that release schedules are adhered to.
- At least 1 year of testing experience, preferable with mobile apps.
- Strong communication and organisational skills.
- Must be proactive and be comfortable working as part of a highly collaborative team as well as independently when needed.
- Have a technical mindset.
- Ability to efficiently investigate and troubleshoot problems when they arise.
We have a beautiful office space in the heart of Dublin city, however remote working can be facilitated where appropriate.