Who are we?
StoryToys is a Top-Ten children’s app creator, delivering a suite of apps for children between the ages of 2 and 8. We work with the world’s biggest entertainment IP, translating their loved characters to a digital world. We publish worldwide, in 26 languages with monthly active users in the millions. We are based in Dublin, Ireland but work with a large global team.
As a QA Tester you will integrate with the Development Teams to test our apps and provide support. As part of a multidisciplinary agile team you will become responsible for the test and submission process; providing best practice guidance and using your experience to help streamline processes where possible. As part of the development team you will provide testing for our mobile apps and other platform services.
What you will do:
- Test games to destruction! And yes, that is a challenge. We want you to investigate and troubleshoot problems when they arise.
- Your focus will be around identifying and documenting any and all defects from first build through to the finished project.
- Help to develop entertaining, educational cross-platform mobile games to be played by millions of players.
- Help shape our apps by providing key insights and feedback to your team while maintaining awareness of partner requirements.
- Work in close collaboration with different studio teams to ensure issues are tracked; identifying new and creative solutions to help remedy issues.
- Deliver against the test plans for your projects that reflect the nature of the plan; each project has a bespoke development plan so it’s important we stick to it, ensuring we can bring games to our communities on time.
- Participate in game reviews. You not only test games but you’re a critical part of the process, you will have the opportunity to test the functionality of the game against its design specification and provide feedback to improve.
- Update the App Stores and submit apps to Apple, Google and Amazon for certification. You will ensure that content of the releases are clearly understood and communicated.
- Help to manage the release of our apps in conjunction with the QA Lead and PM, whilst continuously working to improve the test and release process and Investigating better ways of doing things.
- We want you to own the test process, championing best practice for testing to ensure our teams are working as efficiently as possible.
- Support the teams in many different areas such as creating builds, creating documentation and knowledge of 3rd party tools.
- You will be part of a cross disciplinary team that uses a scrum-like process.
How you will do it:
- With an energetic and positive attitude, utilising your excellent written and communication skills to articulate problems within the game to the right audiences.
- Child-centric design is at the heart of what we do; you will ensure the highest standard of quality and testing with a meticulous eye for bugs.
- In close collaboration with your project team and partnering teams, building strong relationships is important to you, as well as having fun at work.
What we are looking for:
- At least 1 year of testing experience, preferable with mobile apps.
- Strong communication and organisational skills.
- Must be proactive and be comfortable working as part of a highly collaborative team as well as independently when needed.
- A technical mindset.
Some of the perks you will receive:
- The right candidate will find lots of opportunities to learn and grow within a supportive environment.
- Work Anywhere! From home, in our gorgeous office in Dublin or a combination of the two.
- Attractive benefits including family health care plan, Pension scheme, Income protection and life assurance, tax saver schemes.