Frequently Asked Questions
Click below to see some of our most frequently asked questions and solutions.
What is Parent Center?
At StoryToys, we believe that parents should have total control over the in-app experience of their child. Only a parent should be able to make a purchase decision, and parents should have complete confidence that when their child is using a StoryToys app their experience will be a positive one. The StoryToys Parent Center is designed to give parents complete control over the functionality of their StoryToys app.
How does it work?
At the top right of the app screen you will see the Parent Center icon. Simply hold this down for 3 seconds to open the center. Once inside the center, in-app promotional messages and App Store links can easily be deactivated and reactivated. We have also moved the ‘Reading Mode’ options to the Parent Center in response to feedback from parents who told us they would rather have direct control over that function.
In App Purchases
Some of our apps offer optional extras such as stickers and jigsaws, which can be bought as an in-app purchase.
How to purchase
- Tap the item you wish to purchase
- You will be asked if you are sure you want to go to the store – tap yes to proceed or no to cancel.
- For Apple products you must enter your Apple ID Password to complete the purchase once the ‘Buy’ button is tapped.
- For Android products you will not be asked for additional password, simply press the “Buy” button to purchase. If you wish to disable the in-app purchase option, please see the instructions below.
How to disable purchase of IAPs
Follow the simple steps below to put a barrier before unauthorized purchases from your device with the card associated with your iTunes or Google account.
- Start the Google Play Store app from the homescreen
- Tap on the Menu button and pick Settings
- Scroll down to the User Controls submenu, and tap on the Set or Change PIN option
- Choose a PIN that will be easy for you to remember, but hard for the kids to guess, and re-enter it after pressing OK
- Now checkmark the box next to the Use PIN for purchases option, and you will be asked for the code with each attempt to buy an in-app purchase.
- Start the Settings app from your home screen, and select the General submenu.
- Scroll down and tap on the Restrictions option.
- Enable Restrictions and set a password. Ensure that the password is not an easy one for users of your device to guess.
- With the password entered twice, go down to the Allowed Content option, and put the In-App Purchases slider in the Off position. This way the device will ask for a password each time an in-app purchase attempt is detected.
How do I know what languages the app contains?
A list of languages can be found in the app store description.
How do I switch from one language to another in the app?
To do this simply tap on the globe icon at the top right of the home page and select the language you require.
How do I subscribe?
Open the app and tap on the padlock symbol on the home page. Once past the parent gate, follow the instructions to subscribe for monthly or annual subscription.
How do I cancel my subscription?
- Open settings on your device
- Select iTunes and App Store
- Tap on your Apple ID
- View Apple ID
- Enter your Apple ID password or fingerprint ID when prompted
- Tap Subscriptions
- Select the relevant subscription
- Cancel and confirm.
- Launch the Google Play app on your device
- Tap Menu > My Apps > Subscriptions and select the Mother Goose Club app.
- Alternatively tap Menu > My Apps > the app from which you wish to unsubscribe > tap the app’s details page
- Tap Cancel and Yes to confirm the cancellation
- The status will change from Subscribed to Cancelled.
If you cancel a subscription, any payments you’ve already made won’t be refunded. Cancellations can’t be undone, but you can always re-subscribe.
I have subscribed to Hungry Caterpillar Play School but can longer access full content”]
If you are a paying subscriber but can no longer access all content in Hungry Caterpillar Play School please update the app to the latest version:
- Open iTunes on your device
- From the menu bar at the top of the iTunes window choose Help > Check for updates
- Follow the prompts to install the latest version.
- Launch the Google Play Store app on your device
- Tap Menu > My Apps and Games
- Apps with an update available are labeled “Update”
- Find the app you want to update and tap “Update”.
If that does not work please do the following:
- Delete the app from your device
- Switch off your device fully for a few minutes
- Check that you are signed into the App Store or Google Play with the same ID you used to make the purchase
- Ensure you are not using Apple / Google Play Family Sharing or parental controls
- Re-install the app
- On the subscription page select “Restore purchase”
- If you have reinstalled the app you will need to re-download your activities, books, and videos. We recommend doing this while connected to WI-FI.
- Please email email@example.com for further instructions.
Ideas and Feedback
Share your thoughts with us! We’d love to know what you think of our apps. If you have any suggestions, feedback, or just want to say hi feel free to contact us here.